[Orgmode] Ido and org-refile/org-goto question

From: Matthew Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Ido and org-refile/org-goto question
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 08:34:47 -0600

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to set up ido for completion with org-refile and org-goto. My
question is whether I should expect TAB to work with ido within org.

Normally when switching buffers with ido, when I press TAB, (1) the
minibuffer drills down to the matching options (based on what I've typed
so far) and (2) a temporary window shows me the remaining options and
then (on a second press of tab) all available options.

Similarly, when I use org-refile or org-goto without ido, pressing tab
gives me a view of all available options for completion.

But when ido is enabled in org, I get the following error when press
tab (obviously, the content of the error changes with the context).

,----
| ido-file-lessp: Wrong type argument: arrayp, (#("Emacs/Releases/" 0 5
| (face org-level-1 org-category "computer" fontified t) 5 6 nil 6 14
| (face org-level-2 org-category "computer" fontified t) 14 15 nil)
| "/Users/matt/mystuff/org/computer.org" "^\\*\\* Releases[ ]*$" 90233)
`----

My relevant settings are as follows:

(require 'ido)
(ido-mode 1)

(ido-everywhere 1)
(setq ido-confirm-unique-completion t)
(setq ido-enable-flex-matching t)
(setq ido-use-filename-at-point t)

(setq org-refile-use-outline-path nil)
(setq org-refile-targets '((org-agenda-files :maxlevel . 2)))

(setq org-goto-interface 'outline-path-completion)

(setq org-completion-use-ido t)
(setq org-outline-path-complete-in-steps nil)

Best,
Matt