Re: [Orgmode] Re: Link to heading in another org file

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Link to heading in another org file
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 08:30:28 +0100

On Jan 17, 2009, at 6:18 PM, Tassilo Horn wrote:

Hi Carsten,

Ok, so it was [[file:proj.org::*some heading]] instead of
[[file:proj.org#*some heading]], fine.

I've just noticed that if you have two headlines with the same text,
it'll always link to the first one.

Yes.  Using ID links will work around this.

Hey, that's great, I wasn't aware of that feature.  And afterwards I
also found it in the docs. ;-)

BTW, the docs state:

,----[ (info "(org)Handling links") ]
| `C-c l'
| Store a link to the current location. This is a _global_ command
|      which can be used in any buffer to create a link.
`----

Here, `C-c l' is neither bound in org files nor globally. I grepped my config files but I don't set/release that key somewhere. (And if it was
bound I would complain that org shouldn't dictate global keys,
anyway. ;-))

Under "Activation", the manual also states:

,-----
| Add the following lines to your `.emacs' file.  The last three lines
| define _global_ keys for the commands `org-store-link', `org-agenda',
| and `org-iswitchb' - please choose suitable keys yourself.
|
|     ;; The following lines are always needed.  Choose your own keys.
|     (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org\\'" . org-mode))
|     (global-set-key "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)
|     (global-set-key "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
|     (global-set-key "\C-cb" 'org-iswitchb)
`-----

I do not want to re-iterate this information each time I talk about
one of the global commands.

- Carsten

Bye,
Tassilo