Re: [Orgmode] linking to an email..

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] linking to an email..
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 00:13:11 +0100

On Nov 12, 2008, at 5:45 PM, sergio wrote:

in the google movie, the presenter did a REALLY cool trick where he linked an org file to an email in mail.app..

part of me would like to use gnus (does anyone on here use gnus for email?)..

but being able to link directly to a mail.app message would be VERY nice..

can someone give me some ointers on how they did this?

Under MacOS X, I load org-mac-message.el.  Then I have a remember
template which looks like this:

("Emailtask" 101 "* TODO %?\n %(org-mac-message-get-link)" "~/org/ gtd.org" "Tasks" nil)

the function `org-mac-message-get-link' will get the link to the currently active email in Mail.app and the remember template will insert it.

HTH

- Carsten

thanks!

___