Re: [Orgmode] modular block exportation was patch [Feature Addition] exp

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] modular block exportation was patch [Feature Addition] exporting comments on org files to html
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 11:02:36 -0800

Hi,

This has had me thinking about the exportation of blocks in general.  I
think it makes sense to pull block exportation out into it's own
component both for simplicity and for ease of code-reading, hacking, and
customization.

with a set of blocks of forms like...

#+begin_html

#+begin_src

#+begin_comment

#+begin_example

etc...

We could have an alist in which we look up the type of the block, and
call the appropriate function to handle exportation.  Users could then
add their own custom block export functions to this list.

The optional exportation of these blocks could then be controlled by a
single #+option variable which takes a list of blocks not to export.
For example

#+OPTION   hidden_blocks:comment,src

I'd be interested to hear anyone's thoughts on this.  If it sounds like
a good idea I'd be happy to take a stab at implementation.

Cheers -- Eric