Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode idea?

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode idea?
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 16:48:15 +0100

Charles Sebold <address@hidden> writes:

> On 6 Nov 2008, Dennis Groves wrote:
>
>> I recently suffered a loss of data on my main computer. And as such I
>> really want to get my data into a git repository and have that backed
>> up regularly.
>>
>> (but I have been in management now for so long my developer tech
>> skills have really suffered - and this stuff isn't as obvious as it
>> once was...)
>
> I did this.  There are a lot of places you could start on something like
> this; I think John Wiegley's PDF on how to use Git was mentioned
> yesterday, and that was pretty good.

For someone with relative basic requirements I would recommend an emacs centric
solution:

http://zagadka.vm.bytemark.co.uk/magit/magit.html

or if using Emacs23 use the builtin Version Control which includes GIT
and is well documented in the standard documentation.

Only one command to remember (give or take)  : C-x v v

If not using 23 then I'm pretty sure it's once eLisp file and a require
away regardless.

This gives a nice overview:

http://argandgahandapandpa.wordpress.com/2008/07/30/emacs-version-control/