Re: [Orgmode] Regression testing for org-mode

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Regression testing for org-mode
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:57:22 -0700

I've added a "testing tools" section and a simple example of an org-mode
test using ert to Sebastian's org testing page in worg.  I don't mean to
advocate for ert, it is simply the only elisp testing framework that I
have any experience with.

I'm pessimistic that the colossal amount of work involved in wrapping
all of org-modes extensive and varied functionality into a test
framework can/should actually be completed.  Would it be sufficient to
simply begin dealing with bug reports in a test-first manner?

Also, should we start tracking bug reports somewhere (worg), so that
they can be claimed, tested against, and repaired?

Thanks -- Eric