Re: [Orgmode] Re: Is there some kind of verbatim environment for org?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Is there some kind of verbatim environment for org?
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 17:41:57 +0200

"Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Eric,

>> While I can live with TAB freaking out (Hey, `C-c '' switches to
>> artist mode. Yay!), the broken font-locking is disturbing me.  Is it
>> possible to fontify everything in #+BEGIN...#+END blocks with some
>> special face which takes precedence over the usual org font-locking?
>
> Are you aware of the other option for verbatim escapes? (every line
> starts with a ":")

No, thanks for mentioning that.

> I does do a minor font locking,

Nice.  That's `org-code' face.  So why not use that face for things in
#+BEGIN...#+END blocks, too?

> and (I believe) should fix your tab woes.

No, but that's no problem if `C-c '' does the right thing.

> Also, you can use C-c' in this area, and it will take you to special
> edit buffer.

Here, it prompts me for a file.  That's because `org-edit-special' calls
`ffap' if it doesn't know what to do.  Is that different in your
version?

Anyway, I thinks the #+BEGIN_SRC constructs are better, because then the
correct mode is switched on automatically.

> :                          +-----+             (Abb. 23b)
> :  ENABLE------------------|  &  |
> :        +-----+           |     |
> :        | >=1 |     +-----|     |---RUN

So in summary I think I would be completely happy if #+BEGIN_SRC
constructs (or maybe all #+BEGIN_FOO constructs) would fontify their
contents with the `org-code' face.

Bye,
Tassilo