[Orgmode] Re: R: install and info

From: Richard Riley
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: R: install and info
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 15:41:38 +0200

Giovanni Ridolfi <address@hidden> writes:

> --- Mer 8/10/08, Richard Riley <address@hidden> ha scritto:
>> There might be an inconsistency in the install process.
>> Well, on my  debian system.
>>
>> In the Makefile we have
>>
>> ,----
>> | # Where local software is found
>> | prefix=/usr/local
>> |
>> | # Where local lisp files go.
>> | lispdir = $(prefix)/share/emacs/site-lisp
>> |
>> | # Where info files go.
>> | infodir = $(prefix)/info
>> `----
>>
>> Now I dont pretend to even begin to understand how the info
>> system works  but a "sudo make install-info" does not work
>> because (a) it puts the
>> file into /usr/local/info and my system appears to expect
>> it in
>> /usr/local/share/info.
>
> Richard,
> the section of the Makefile you are referring to begins with:
> ##----------------------------------------------------------------------
> ##  YOU MUST EDIT THE FOLLOWING LINES
>
> so, please, modify your paths accordingly,

I guess I was requesting (although didnt make it clear) some auto way of
detecting the target OS. Certainly if there is a site elisp I would
expect there to be a site info too - so there is still possibly an
inconsistency in the defaults.

> or download a quite recent version of org
> from the Debian repository (for both testing, 6.05, and sid 6.06)

Unfortunately they are broken for my setup so I use the recent versions
which are no 6.09 area.