[Orgmode] Re: inline images

From: Felipe Csaszar
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: inline images
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 19:56:45 +0000 (UTC)

Lindsay Todd <rltodd.ml1 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> It would also be useful if you could specify the size of the image.
> I'd like to use org-mode to organize pictures that I want to use for
> LaTeX documents -- see the image, as well as the copyright info, etc.
> But an image suitable for a presentation is way, way too large for
> inline inclusion.  Yet having to manually build thumbnail images
> misses the point of easy organization!

A nice way to solve this would be to add a few customizable variables to iimage:

- iimage-max-size-x: do not display image is width > N
- iimage-max-size-y: do not display image is height > N
- iimage-scale-if-oversize: if non-nil, re-scale oversized image so that it fits
within iimage-max-size-x and iimage-max-size-y

Just my two cents.  Best,

Felipe