[Orgmode] ITEM in column view in the agenda

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: [Orgmode] ITEM in column view in the agenda
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 16:26:59 +0100

I'm trying to get a good COLUMN format for viewing the agenda in
column view mode.  Am I right in thinking that ITEM is the only
property available for showing the actual "meat" of a given headline?
The problem with ITEM is that it includes any leaders, plus the TODO
keyword and priority, which leads to duplication if any of these are
displayed in separate columns, e.g.:

TODO    | PRI | Task
[snip]
NEXT    | A   |   personal:In   1d:  NEXT [#A] book MOT  | ....
WAITING | B   |   personal:Sched.109x:  WAITING [#B] boo | ....

Of course it is very wasteful of window width to have this
duplication, so I would like to at least be able to exclude the TODO
keyword and priority from the ITEM column, and preferably the leaders
too (although I would like to keep them for normal non-column agenda
view).  Asking too much as usual? ;-)

Thanks!