Re: [Orgmode] Re: Restarting a CLOCK entry?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Restarting a CLOCK entry?
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 08:46:56 +0200

On May 15, 2008, at 4:26 AM, Peter Jones wrote:

Anupam Sengupta <address@hidden> writes:
The botheration is really a nag in the sense that the mode-line does not depict the correct elapsed time - I do use the mode line status (with other custom details) - and it will be nice to have the status line reflect the changes.

It would be pretty slick if you could just do a second C-c C-x C-i on
the heading, and org-mode did the right thing (restart/start the clock
using the incomplete clock line start time).

Hi Peter, Anupam

Doing another C-c C-x C-i in the same entry will stop the clock, compute the time, and immediately start the clock again, starting a second clock line, recording a second clock interval. I don't want to loose this possibility, so I am keeping that as it is.

I have just pushed a change so that editing the clock time stamp while the clock is running will also change the time displayed in the mode line. You need to edit the time stamp with S-up and S-down commands, if you do that, the update will be automatic.

I've also found myself in situations where I've fat-fingered a few
things and ended up with an incomplete clock line and no clock
running.

I hope that this is less likely now because the running clock marker now moves with the entry when you do structure editing or cut-and-past of subtree with the appropriate commands.

It would be nice to just clock-in and fix it.  I usually
manually type the entire clock line, and then do a C-c C-y to have
org-mode calculate the duration.

- Carsten