Re: [Orgmode] firefox urls

From: Daniel M German
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] firefox urls
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 21:12:13 -0700

 John Rakestraw twisted the bytes to say:

 John> Richard G Riley <address@hidden> wrote:
 >> Are there any add-ons anything to yank urls from firefox/iceweasel
 >> directly into a certain org-mode category?

 John> ouch. Your query reminds me that I promised long ago to write up my use
 John> of some code that Bastien adapted from a planner-mode extension. I'm in
 John> the midst of end-of-the-semester woes here (though I finally finished
 John> grading my finals late last night!), but here's a quick cut-and-paste
 John> of that code. It works very well for me.

 John> First, here's the template I use (apologies for formatting weirdness).
 John> You could add a function to semi-automate the category assignment --

Hi John,

I gave it a try (mozilla, ubuntu). The main challenge is that at some
point a MTA messed the elisp, so I had to figure out hoe to fix
it. Would you mind placing it somewhere where it can be downloaded or
sending it as an attachment?

I got everything to work, except that the link that it is passed to
remember contains a %3A instead of :: (i.e. http%3A//slashdot.org/)

One major warning: one must not select "Load this bookmark in the
sidebar" when adding the bookmarklet, otherwise it will not work.

Can I also suggest you add a version to the top of the file, so we can
keep track of future developments?

Thank John, this add-on will be of great help.

--dmg

Daniel M. German
http://turingmachine.org/
http://silvernegative.com/