[Orgmode] Re: Problem with agenda file list

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Problem with agenda file list
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 19:08:19 +0200

> On Apr 27, 2008, at 5:17 PM, Eddward DeVilla wrote:

[...]

>> Anyhow, I'm pretty sure I only add files with the org-mode menu and I
>> think the key sequence C-].  (The machine I'm on doesn't have org-mode
>> at the moment.)  I don't modify the list much though.  I can try to
>> stress it if you like.
>

> Please do, I think this would be useful.  I will switch to this setup
> myself.

I will too. But i think this solution is suboptimal: i already have a
.el file to store my org-specific configuration, and this obligues me to
split my configuration into two files, the only reason being that i
don't want org to overwrite my customisation variables.

I'm not privy with the implementation details, but i guess the overwrite
is unavoidable when not using the additional file? I'm a bit surprised
by this fact: i use dozens of emacs packages, and org is the first one
wanting to modify my custom.el; even in cases where customising a
variable must trigger some additional side-effect, there's some function
one can call in the init file to both set the variable and trigger the
additional side-effects.

That said, if this is the only workable solution, so be it :)

jao
--
A student came to the master and asked, for the master was one of them
who knew such things: "Does Emacs have the Buddha nature?" The master