[Orgmode] Timeclock workflow?

From: Avdi Grimm
Subject: [Orgmode] Timeclock workflow?
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 12:38:50 -0400

Hi folks,

I keep wanting to use timeclock along with org-mode, both to help with
my time reporting for work, and because I think the resulting
statistics might be interesting.  However, whenever I start to use it,
two things tend to happen: 1) I'll clock-in, and then forget to clock
out, and wind up with hours on the clock for a ten minute task; and 2)
I'll simply forget to clock in.

Now, both of these can be remedied by manually editing
clock-in/clock-out times, and org-mode makes this fairly easy.  But
I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem, and if you've come up
with any solutions.  Lately I've been thinking it might be nice to
have a retroactive timeclock command which would let me say "I've been
working on task X for the last half-hour", and it would automatically
enter the clock-in/clock-out times.  Even better, it would truncate
the clock-out time of any other task that overlapped.

What do you all think?

--
Avdi

Home: http://avdi.org