Re: [Orgmode] Re: Is there any way to active the reminder of Org mode in

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Is there any way to active the reminder of Org mode in Emacs?
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 18:52:00 +0200

Hi,
   to me, appt is still rather uncomfortable; maybe because I don't
know how to use it correctly. What I have found is:

   If you don't notice a reminder message (for instance because you
are away from your computer for hours), the reminder goes away and you
never see it. appt might ask for a confirmation.

   How can you go from the appointment reminder to the org file which
describes it?

   Maybe it's 23:00 h and you have one appointment not for today, but
for tomorrow; but appt shows you only the ones for today. How do you
make it show just „the next one"?

   In fact, how can you see the next appointments? (Even if they are
for next week)

   How can you make that appt checks your agenda every N hours?

   appt displays the reminder at the modeline. What happens if, just
after the message, you receive other messages? The reminder can also
get lost.

   Do you find appt complete and nice to use? If so, how did you improve it?
   Are there better methods?

Thanks,
Daniel