Re: [Orgmode] timestamp rounding question.

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] timestamp rounding question.
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:20:20 +0100

On Mar 28, 2008, at 5:55 AM, Jose Robins wrote:
Using org-mode 5.23a with emacs 22.1, I still don't see timestamp rounding working during clock in/clock out

There is no rounding on clock-in and clockout, as we discussed in the earlier thread.

There is rounding when you press S-up or S-down on the *minute* part of a time stamp.  If the cursor is no any other part of the tie stamp, that part will be changed and no rounding applied.

- Carsten

(OR shift up/down on the timestamp).
Also, I'm slightly confused by an earlier thread we had on this subject. At that time I was using 5.20 (or 5.21, I don't remember) and it was mentioned that it would not be possible to do  rounding when inserting time. However the custom options for 5.23a show that there is a variable for rounding during time insertion as well as during time modification via the up/down key - my .emacs setting for this looks as follows...
 '(org-time-stamp-rounding-minutes (quote (5 5)))

However neither seem to have an effect...
Hmmm....

Jose