Re: [Orgmode] Release 5.23a

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Release 5.23a
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 00:20:57 +0000

Hi Xin,

Xin Shi <address@hidden> writes:

> When export the org file to html, emacs opens the .html file in the
> buffer. Since the html file has already been saved, shall we not open
> it in Emacs?

`C-c C-e b' -- The `b' standing for [b]rowsing.

| Command   | Save to a file | Jump to buffer | Don't kill buffer |
|-----------+----------------+----------------+-------------------|
| C-c C-e b | V              | V              | V                 |
| C-c C-e h | V              | X              | V                 |
| C-c C-e H | X [temp buf]   | V              | V                 |

All export commands export to a buffer.
All exported buffers are still around after export.
Some export command also save the file.
Some export command also jump to the buffer.

Note two differences with "publishing": (1) publishing require a file to
be part of a project and (2) publishing will kill exported buffers.

HTH,

--
Bastien