Re: [Orgmode] Bug: return key does not show the subtree the first time o

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bug: return key does not show the subtree the first time on a newly opened org file
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 07:42:45 +0100

On Feb 28, 2008, at 3:16 AM, Wanrong Lin wrote:

Bastien wrote:
Wanrong Lin <address@hidden> writes:

I have the following in my org-mode configuration:

(setq org-return-follows-link t)

This is about following links, no (un)folding subtrees...

Yes, but only with this setting will <return> key be added to the "org-mouse-map" key map, and be bound to "org-open-at-point" command under certain contexts (like on the leading stars of a heading). Further, "org-open-at-point" is advised by org-mouse.el, which will do "org-cycle" under certain contexts.

Yes, this is really an accidental feature by a sequence of events:

org-return-follow-link will add org-return to the mouse-map
org-mouse.el will activate the stars in a headline

I can reproduce the bug, but I have no idea what is causing this, it must be
something in the internal setup of Emacs keymaps in a new buffer,
I have no idea how to fix this or work around it.

Why in the world would you use RET for cycling instead of TAB?

- Carsten

Usually, if my cursor is at the beginning of a heading, I can use the
return key to cycle the visibility of its subtree.

AFAIK, <RET> doesn't (un)fold a subtree. Maybe you mean the <TAB> key?
I guess I'm missing something...

I did meant return key. See my comments above.

Thanks for your comments.

Wanrong