Re: [Orgmode] bug in org-store-link

From: Scott Otterson
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] bug in org-store-link
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:28:58 -0800

Yes, starting with line numbers sounds like a good idea.  So far, then, the suggestion in its full glory is:
  •  link storage
    •  include punctuation in matching pattern
    •  expand matching pattern outwards until matching uniqueness is assured across the whole file
    • store  line number
  • link search
    • start at stored line number
    • expand outwards until an exact match is found (update stored line number if match has moved?)
    • if no exact match is found, scan the whole buffer for the best soft match  eg. minimum Levenshtein distance (update stored line number and pattern if match has moved?  Better ask the user.)
Scott