Re: [Orgmode] BUG: blank lines when cutting and pasting

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] BUG: blank lines when cutting and pasting
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:05:14 +0100

Hi Max

maybe you have sen the recent thread about the behavior of whitespace
when moving outline subtrees through the file.  It was my impression
that the conclusion was that the whitespace *before* the tree should
be moved with the tree.  Therefore I modified the cut and past of
subtrees to do just that.  I do agree that this feels a bit odd in
interactive use, and I certainly could make this configurable or so.

The alternative is that you develop the habit to move the cursor to the
first empty line after the subtree where you want to paste, not to
the beginning of the subtree before you want to paste.

This is an issue difficult to handle right. I am inviting more contributions
to this discussion!

- Carsten