Re: [Orgmode] update-org script

From: User Harald
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] update-org script
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:42:32 +0100

Hello Pete,

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 07:17:57PM +0000, Pete Phillips wrote:

>  Harald> # get the tar file
>  Harald> # [must be a generic name, not a versioned one like org-5.16b.tar.gz]
>  Harald> #wget http://staff.science.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/org.tar.gz
>  Harald> wget http://orgmode.org/org.tar.gz
>  Harald> Obviously, the name of the tar ball must get changed.
>
> Yeah. I have fixed my copy of this already!  :-)

I still do not see how the script could work without changing
the URL on the website from (presently) org-5.16b.tar.gz to
org.tar.gz. The actual version could be displayed in
parentheses, couldn't it ?

>  Harald> # directory where the org directory is located
>  Harald> dir=emacs/lisp
>  Harald> DIR=$HOME/$dir
>  Harald>
>  Harald> # make sure we have the lisp dir
>  Harald> # note that 'mkdir -p $DIR' would not work
>  Harald> # mkdir(1): "The user must have write permission in the parent
> directory."
>  Harald> mkdir -p $dir
>
> I can only assume that you are editing the script to put org-mode in a
> system directory ?

No, I made my trial in my home directory as you have suggested.
In spite of a check with ``echo $DIR'' I must have made an error
somewhere because no directory had been generated.
Today it has worked alright.

Best regards,
Harald
--
FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p2 #0: Tue Feb 27 22:56:09 UTC 2007