Re: [Orgmode] Restricting the agenda to the current subtree

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Restricting the agenda to the current subtree
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 14:19:37 +0000

Hi Rick,

Rick Moynihan <address@hidden> writes:

> Firstly is it possible to bind this to a simple key-chord though as I'm
> finding
>
> C-a < < a
>
> A little unwieldy.

You can still press `C-c a 0' instead -- this keybinding is kept for
backward compatibility.

> Also, how about implementing another "follow" command, that does the
> opposite of following movements in the agenda view and displaying them
> in the file.  i.e. When enabled it uses the org-goto interface to follow
> movements within the file and display the restricted agenda view in
> another window.

I'm not sure to understand.

Do you mean: while browsing an org file with org-goto, display the
current entry in an agenda view when available?  Maybe you could give a
try to `org-toc.el': when the "info mode" is on and you are browsing the
table of contents, it displays any timestamp the entry may have (which I
find more "light" than building agenda views successively...)

--
Bastien