Re: [Orgmode] Categories

From: Richard G Riley
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Categories
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 14:22:40 +0200

> On Oct 12, 2007, at 19:20, Richard G Riley wrote:
>> I have a possible bug here (5.12). When embedding the CATEGORY as a
>> property e.g in my org file
>
> Yes, logging state changes is broken in 5.12, *#$&*&#&$.
>
> Fixed in 5.12c, thanks.
>
>> ,----
>> |  '(org-agenda-custom-commands
>> |    (quote (
>> |       ("d" org-todo "DELEGATED" nil)
>> |            ("c" org-todo "DONE|DEFERRED|CANCELLED" nil)
>> |            ("w" org-todo "WAITING" nil)
>> |       ("W" agenda ""
>> `----

I took this from a tutorial out there in google land.

> What an innovative way of totally misusing org-agenda-custom-commands.
> `C-c a d' will indeed change a TODO state, something
> org-agenda-custom-commands
> was not designed for (and which I do not recommend...)!
>
> But "c" will not work, the symbol for creating a TODO list is
> `alltodo', not `org-todo'.

I'm not sure I understand, but I will remove this regardless. Why are
you mentioning creating a TODO list? The commands above are "jumpt to
state commands - not create commands. So, if the code I cribbed above is
not correct, how is the best way to add commands to agenda mode - its
not obvious how to jump straight to a state as opposed to cycling to it
manually with all the note prompts that come with that flow.