[Orgmode] Re: org-mode and Google Calendar

From: Vagn Johansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-mode and Google Calendar
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 11:07:14 +0200

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Cezar <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> I'm not really *syncing* my Org agenda files with Google Calendar.
>
> I don't use Google Calendar to add new events; I just use it to check
> events that I have in my Org agenda files.

Me too

>So what I basically do, is
> that I export my agenda files to a single .ics file, then ask Google
> to import this as a new calendar.
>
> I've cron'ed this script:

[...]

I have my org file on an ftp server so I can access it anywhere. I
then use the builtin support for FTP in Emacs (ange/tramp) to
read/write it and the corresponding ics file. Because the org file is
on a FTP server "C-c C-e i" will automatically write the ics file on
the FTP server.

I just point google calendar to this file. The only problem I have had
is with google calendars timezone handling.

--
Vagn Johansen