[Orgmode] Re: Wish list: Storing links and enabling MIME actions on file

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Wish list: Storing links and enabling MIME actions on files
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 15:08:20 -0400

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

> Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> `C-u C-c C-l' will insert a link to a local file, using file name
>> completion.
>>
>> For the rest, like Bastien says, check the mailcap setup.  Or
>> customize the variable
>> org-file-apps or one of its opeating-system-dependent equivalents.
>
> Thanks.  My mailcap must be misconfigured or something.  It works fine
> for MIME attachments in Gnus - just for not filenames with no mime info.

Sorry for the noise :/

Creating the link like this works great.  For some reason the previous
links I created has ::blah after them - I opened the file with C-x C-f
filename.pdf and then did used org-store-link - which created a link
with a search expresssion in it - and that's why it didn't open with the
PDF viewer by default.

Thanks all!

Bernt