[Orgmode] Re: org-mode version 5.03

From: Christian Schlauer
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-mode version 5.03
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 09:50:43 +0200

> On Jul 15, 2007, at 22:51, Christian Schlauer wrote:
>> I think it would be nice if Emacs 22.2 would have a newer org.el than
>> 4.67, but I don't know who (besides RMS) decides what changes on the
>> trunk/head will go into the branch EMACS_22_BASE (from which Emacs
>> 22.2 will be released).
>
> I am sure it will have a much newer version.

A CVS update of the EMACS_22_BASE branch from this morning still gives

,----
| ;; Version: 4.67d
|
| [...]
|
| (defvar org-version "4.67c"
`----

I guess it shouldn't be a problem to get a new version into the branch
-- from the NEWS file:

,----[ C-h N ]
| * New Modes and Packages in Emacs 22.2
|
| ** The new package css-mode.el provides a major mode for editing CSS files.
|
| ** The new package vera-mode.el provides a major mode for editing Vera files.
|
| ** The new package socks.el implements the SOCKS v5 protocol.
|
| ** VC
`----

So if new packages are installed, I hope an Org-mode update is okay
with RMS. By the way: RMS wants to release 22.2 "soon":
<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/75959>. From what I read
on emacs-devel they want 22.2 out in order to start merging two
branches into the trunk.

Christian Schlauer