[Orgmode] Re: counter-intuitive key bindings

From: Leo
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: counter-intuitive key bindings
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 17:57:39 +0100

On 2007-08-09 06:05 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>> In this case, I feel there should a consistent definition of key
>> bindings. One excellent example is vc, it is just so easy to remember.
>
> What do you mean with "consistent definition of key bindings".
>
>> I have been an regular user of org, and I have already forgotten that
>> S-up/down does priority change after one month's break.
>
> I have been trying very hard to make the key bindings as logical
> as possible - but there is a huge amount of commands in org,
> and many keys are needed.
>
> That said, the S-up/down for priorities does leas to a couple
> of inconsistencies, in particular between agenda and org-mode buffers.
>
> - Carsten

I know it is difficult to come up with good key bindings for so many
commands that org-mode has. That's why I gave the example of vc, which
has extremely excellent key bindings. I would never have to learn them a
second time. I hope someone can come up with something similar for org.

         Gnus is one component of the Emacs operating system.