[Orgmode] Re: postponing todos

From: Christian Egli
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: postponing todos
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 22:14:35 +0200

Hi

address@hidden writes:

> I would like to have a solution for the following problem:  I browse
> TODOs in my agenda view and I would like to postpone them, so agenda
> buffers don't list them until a certain date.
>
> I would like to quickly (by using shortcuts) postpone a todo entry from
> the agenda buffer by:
>   - 1-2-3 day
>   - coming monday/friday
>   - next monday/friday
>

> What is possible with current org mode?

What I usually do is to schedule the TODOs for a specific day. Then I
use the weekly agenda where I can postpone the TODOs easily with
S-<right> and S-<left>. So a move of a couple of days is easily
done. You can even specify the number of days to move forward or back
with e.g. C-u 5 S-<right>.

It would be fairly easy to extend the function behind S-<right>
(org-agenda-date-later) to do some date calculation (next monday, etc)
with the help of the calendar routines and to bind this to some key in
the agenda view.

C-h f org-agenda-date-later RET should give you a lead.

HTH
Christian