[Orgmode] customize exporting "visible" contents

From: Patrick Drechsler
Subject: [Orgmode] customize exporting "visible" contents
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 03:20:45 +0200

Hi,

I currently have a large knowledge-base in a single org file (>5k
lines of code). When exporting certain sections I would like to
exclude the rest completely.

Furthermore I would like to have the current section displayed as
title with all child section being adapted accordingly.

Say I have a file ~/tmp/a.org:

* Windows
** Software for working
   * Cygwin
   * more
* Linux
** Software to install via package manager
** Software to install from source
   Use xstove
   * Emacs
   * Org Mode
     Compile, but keep locale.

I can then invoke `C-c C-e v a' with the cursor being somewhere within
the "* Linux" section. I will still end up with an ASCII file
including the other sections:

,----
|                                        =
|
| Author: foo
| Date: 2007/07/14 03:08:10
|

| 1 Windows
| ~~~~~~~~~
|
| 1.1 Software for working
| ========================
|    * Cygwin
|    * more
|
| 2 Linux
| ~~~~~~~
|
| 2.1 Software to install via package manager
| ===========================================
|
| 2.2 Software to install from source
| ===================================
|    Use xstove
|    * Emacs
|    * Org Mode
|      Compile, but keep locale.
`----

I would like to export something like this:

,----
|                                        Linux
|                                        =====
|
| Author: foo
| Date: 2007/07/14 03:08:10
|

| 1 Software to install via package manager
| ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
|
| 2 Software to install from source
| ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
|   Use xstove
|   * Emacs
|   * Org Mode
|     Compile, but keep locale.
`----

Would others find this useful? Is this difficult to imply?

Cheers,

Patrick
--
"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of
fools. Let's start with typewriters."