Re: [Orgmode] org-mode & multiple TODO sequences within a file.

From: Rick Moynihan
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-mode & multiple TODO sequences within a file.
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:47:38 +0000

Carsten Dominik wrote:
No, this does not work.  Could be done, of course, but adds complexity,
and I am sure once it is there,  people will want to switch
TODO keywords constantly, filling the entire file with new #+TODO
statements.  Does not feel right.

How about the following alternative:

Just make a long sequence containing all the subsequences,
like

#+SEQ_TODO: REPORT BUG KNOWNCAUSE RESOLVED TODO WAITING VERIFY DONE

You can then use command like `M-5 C-c C-t'
(or `5 t' in the agenda) to jump to
TODO in this sequence.  Basically, you need to remember where
in your list the different sequences start, put items onto
the right starting point, and then work through your states.

Hmmm, looking at this it might actually be useful to
allow additional DONE states in the middle of the sequence, but
this will at least currently lead to problems, both when cycling
from DONE to nothing to TODO, and also in the highlighting
of TODO keywords in the agenda.  I'll check if I can fix these
small issues.

I can see that my suggestion would add complexity in both code and org files. Supporting multiple DONE states would be a nice, especially if they integrate properly with the agenda.

R.