Re: [Orgmode] Diary integration in .ics export ?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Diary integration in .ics export ?
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 07:25:03 +0100

org.el does not really contain any code that can be used for this. All it does is using the calendar/diary functions to list the entries for specific days in the agenda. To create an icalendar export of the diary, a separate parser for the diary is needed, and it could be run completely independent of org-mode. Have you looked at icalendar.el which is part of Emacs? From the documentation I would think that `icalendar-export-file' does this. Of course we could make the org-mode exporting functions call this. Seems like we would end up with two files rather than one. I guess the files could be merged by stripping the header and footer in one and inserting it into another.

Bastien, if you want to write something doing this, please go ahead. For now it could simply link into `org-after-save-iCalendar-file-hook', but if necessary I will provide a better hook.

- Carsten