Re: [Orgmode] Table questions

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Table questions
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 10:39:32 +0100

I have no plans to make something as complicated as this work with
the orgtbl mode.  I agree it would be nice to have, but I would not know
where to start.

- Carsten

On Dec 15, 2006, at 17:08, Eddward DeVilla wrote:

I'll follow this up with a few more wishes.  Could the table minor
mode maybe be extended to allow the user to define delimiters?  Say
draw a picture?

struct hugeStaticTable initData = {
 // Draw a picture
 // ORG-ROW-DEF { /* key*/ $1 , /* name */ $2 , /* location */ {  /*
x */ $3 , /* y */ $4 } , /* comment*/ $5 },
 { /* key */ 0, /* name */ "Bob", /* location */ { /* x */ 10.0, /* y
*/ 3.2 }, /* comment */ "You know.  Bob!  Bob.  Good times... Good
times..." }
 { /* key */ 1, /* name */ "Joe", /* location */ { /* x */ 5.5, /* y
*/ 4.4 },  /* comment */ "One fine batter." }
};

I code with a lot of static tables that are populated by hand.
Keeping them formatted is critical to keeping the code maintainable.
I'd think that this example might be too much for the table-minor
mode, but if there were a way to at least define a row beginning, end
and field separator, it might help.

struct S d = {
 // ORG-ROW-DEF '{'  ',' '}'
 { f1 , f2 , f3 , f4 }