[Emacs-orgmode] another org-export request regarding links

From: Austin Frank
Subject: [Emacs-orgmode] another org-export request regarding links
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 15:53:21 -0400

Hi again!

Org-exort-as-ascii describes itself as being Markdown-like. I think that the ascii export is excellent and very readable, but I'd like to push for it to be just a little bit more Markdown-like.

Markdown supports two ways of including links in a text file-- inline links and reference links. See the bottom of this note for examples of reference-style links in Markdown.

It would be really nice if it were possible to export to reference-style links in org-export-as-ascii. Ideally, you could specify what level the link definitions appeared at: bottom of the current level of the outline, bottom of the top level of the outline, or bottom of the file.

This is not a high-priority feature for me, just something that would be nice to have, and would in some cases make the ascii files exported from org easier to read.

Thanks for considering it,
/au

All of the indented examples are from http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax -- check there for more on Markdown:

General example of inline links:

    This is [an example](http://example.com/ "Title") inline link.
    [This link](http://example.net/) has no title attribute.

General example of reference links:

    This is [an example] [id] reference-style link.
    [id]: http://example.com/  "Optional Title Here"

Inline links:

    I get 10 times more traffic from [Google](http://google.com/
    "Google") than from [Yahoo](http://search.yahoo.com/ "Yahoo Search")
    or [MSN](http://search.msn.com/ "MSN Search").

Reference links with IDs:

    I get 10 times more traffic from [Google] [1] than from
    [Yahoo] [2] or [MSN] [3].

    [1]: http://google.com/        "Google"
    [2]: http://search.yahoo.com/  "Yahoo Search"
    [3]: http://search.msn.com/    "MSN Search"

Reference links without IDs:

    I get 10 times more traffic from [Google][] than from
    [Yahoo][] or [MSN][].