emacs-diffs

Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r105705: Tweaks to display-buffer

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r105705: Tweaks to display-buffer default actions; remove same-window-* autoload forms.
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 18:42:04 -0400

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> d-b-default-action should start as nil, and the current default list
> should simply be hard-coded in display-buffer.

I don't want the default list to be hard-coded in a function.  That is
being willfully opaque about how the default works.  If it uses the
action functions, there's no good reason not to have the action be a
variable, rather than buried in a function.  It makes it more difficult
for users to figure out where to begin tweaking.

If you like, we can break up d-b-default-action into a defcustom
d-b-base-action and a defvar d-b-fallback-action.