emacs-diffs

Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r104500: lisp/textmodes/bibtex.el

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r104500: lisp/textmodes/bibtex.el: new command bibtex-search-entries
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 15:43:33 -0500

On Mon Jun 6 2011 Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > How 'bout bibtex-isearch, where you type C-c C-s au=foo
> > and it incrementally searches a field that starts with "au" and whose
> > contents include "foo"?
> > It should be fairly easy to write it along the lines of
>
> >   (defun bibtex-isearch ()
> >     <set isearch-search-fun-function>
> >     <setup exit hook to restore isearch-search-fun-function>)
>
> Actually, it could even be just a buffer-local setting of
> isearch-search-fun-function rather than a new command.  So all isearch
> operations operate normally except when the search string is of the form

Good idea, I'll look into it. -- Nonetheless this might be useful
only for some people, and I'll probably not be among them:

- I would never know whether I need to search forward or backward,
  unless point is at the beginning (or end) of the buffer, which is
  rarely the case for me.

- I don't know which BibTeX file contains the entry I am looking
  for. At somepoint in time it might have been natural that I put it
  in one file. But later this might have shifted due to whatever
  reason. For me, that's when I need the new command
  bibtex-search-entries.

Different people, different tastes, that's Emacs!

Roland