Re: Replace XChar2b with unsigned in all font backends

From: Alex Gramiak
Subject: Re: Replace XChar2b with unsigned in all font backends
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 12:14:44 -0600

Andy Moreton <address@hidden> writes:

> Confirmed. This patch replaces use of XChar2b (a 16bit type) with
> unsigned (usually 32bit) which seems wrong.
>
>     AndyM

I originally used unsigned short for this patch, but Eli[1] nudged me
towards unsigned. Unsigned fits better with other parts of the font
system, e.g., *encode_char returns unsigned, and *text_extents takes a
pointer to unsigned.

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2019-05/msg00457.html