Re: Use of minibuffer-prompt face when minibuffer is not involved

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Use of minibuffer-prompt face when minibuffer is not involved
Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 18:31:33 -0400

  > > Active minibuffer is in _no_ way "an internal detail".

  > You have 2 core Emacs developers disagree with you, which is a clear
  > sign that you are wrong.

That question is a matter of judgment, not objective fact.

If this were a question of objective fact, the maintainers could
conceivably be objectively wrong, and someoe else objectively right.
Such things are unusual, but they do happen.

But there is no objectively right in a question like this.  The
maintainers have to go by _their_ best judgment.  Others who disagree
can try to show good reasons for judging things differently; but if
the managers have understood those reasons and are not convinced by
them, that's the end of it.

--
Dr Richard Stallman