Re: [ELPA] New package: bnf-mode

From: Serghei Iakovlev
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: bnf-mode
Date: Sun, 05 May 2019 18:01:52 +0300

I apologize for the possible duplication of this reply.  I sent it by
mistake to my personal Stefan address.

Hello Stefan,

Thank you for the review.  I've removed wrongly used (and documented)
`syntax-propertize-function' funcall.  Thank you for clarifying it
out.  As for the question: BNF is a notation technique for context
free grammars, often used to describe the syntax of languages used
in computing, such as programming languages, document formats,
instruction sets and communication protocols.

And I have to say than Bison is not BNF.  Probable you're meant yacc,
which is from 197x.  However BNF is designed (in 1959) to create
formal grammars in a formal language, what is not a subject area for
yacc or bison.  Yes, yacc, antlr, bison, META II, etc.  All they use
a dialect slightly reminiscent of BNF, but the do not use pure BNF
grammar.  In addition, they don't use a formal language.

I've updated the code in the repository but still not sure what
exactly should I attach on this reply.

Best regards,
Serghei