Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [RFE] Migration to gitlab
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 22:33:56 -0400

We should not have code in our repository whose copyright has not been
assigned.  So we need to be careful about who can put code into it,
even if it is in a "personal" branch.

There are other potential problems with a "personal" branch.
For instance, it might recommend nonfree software.
Keeping things on the right track is part of the package maintainers'
responsibility, but if they don't do this for "personal" branches,
in effect we are giving every contributot maintainer responibilities
without their saying they accept those responibilities.

--
Dr Richard Stallman