Re: pcase and the unpopular backquote pattern

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: pcase and the unpopular backquote pattern
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 23:05:46 +0100

Clément Pit-Claudel <address@hidden> writes:

> FWIW, I like the backquote pattern :) I don't think I would use this
> new form, but I don't think it would hurt either (except maybe when
> people find out that it breaks in old Emacsen).  Also, it would be one
> more thing to learn when learning pcase.

Yes, I like it too.  You are right that it's more thing to learn.
Dunno, maybe it helps people to get in touch with ``' OTOH?  Removing
``' is not an option for me.

> Do you actually need that salad? Isn't the following enough?
>
> (pcase-defmacro car (pat)

Hmm, yes, it was a really bad example.  Even this is ok:

(pcase-defmacro car (pat)

AFAIR there are cases where you need an unquote-backquote combination,
but it doesn't matter much anyway.

Michael.