Re: Changing dictionary while flyspell-buffer is running

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Changing dictionary while flyspell-buffer is running
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 19:50:05 +0200

> From: Titus von der Malsburg <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 13:36:03 +0100
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Below is a patch for ispell.el that adds a hook that is run before
> `ispell-set-spellchecker-params'.  Functions on this hook of course need
> to be careful not to trigger an infinite recursion when they call Ispell
> functions like `ispell-change-dictionary'.  There is a note on that in
> the documentation of the hook.

Thanks, please accompany this with a suitable change in NEWS which
announces this new feature.

> +(defvar ispell-before-setting-spellchecker-params-hook nil
> +  "Normal hook run before setting spellchecker parameters.

This single line doesn't tell in enough detail when the hook is run.
"Before setting spellchecker parameters" does not necessarily explain
itself clearly enough, because the reader doesn't necessarily know
where these parameters are set in the sequence of actions performed
for spell-checking.  Please add more explanations about that.  In
particular, I think it's important to understand whether this is
called before each invocation of the spellchecker, or just some of
them.