Re: make error on pinyin, leim,

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: make error on pinyin, leim,
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 05:30:39 +0200

> From: Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 13:22:41 -0800
>
> I have to assume I did something wrong with the dependencies, since the
> whole point of make is that it should detect that titdic-cnv.el (or
> pinyin.el?) is out of date and recompile -- isn't it?

No, the dependencies are OK.  The problem is the old titdic-cnv.elc,
which doesn't include the new function required to produce pinyin.el,
and the fact that Emacs loads a .elc file in preference to the
corresponding .el file.  If anything is wrong, it's the fact that we
do "make all" in leim/ before we compile Lisp files in lisp/.  So it's
a one-time thing.