Re: Keeping replace-buffer-contents runtime in bounds

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Keeping replace-buffer-contents runtime in bounds
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 07:28:17 +0100

Philipp Stephani <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Philipp & Eli,

>> > The gotcha about aborting after more than the time-out value should
>> > be mentioned in the doc string.
>> >
>> > Thanks for working on this.  My only other comment is that maybe we
>> > should allow passing the time-out value via the function's
>> > arguments, not via a global variable.  It seems to me the time-out
>> > will be used in more use cases than MAX-COSTS, and in any case
>> > treating these two differently API-wise sounds strangely
>> > inconsistent.
>>
>> I've done that and landed it in master.
>
> Thanks. However, the variable replace-buffer-contents-max-secs is
> still present, did you maybe keep it by mistake?

Of course, yes.  Feel free to delete it.  Otherwise I'll do it when I'm
back home this evening.

And thank you both for fixing my typo in text.texi.  However, now we use
"@deffn Command" for replace-region-contents but it is no command.
Maybe it should be one with interactive spec "a"?  But how likely is it
that the replacement function is already an available named function?

     Tassilo