Re: [ELPA] New package proposal: buffer-expose

From: Clément Pit-Claudel
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package proposal: buffer-expose
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2019 16:24:07 -0500

On 23/02/2019 13.59, Tadeus Prastowo wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 7:48 PM Clemens Radermacher
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>

>>> Ah, okay, I see that now.  But, is it hard to also re-scale images
>>> automatically?
>>
>> It could be done, but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort. I would rather
>> use
>> an image viewer for something like that.
>
> I see.  I ask the question because the screenshot brings up the usual
> use-case of seeing iconified GUI windows (in Ubuntu, for example, by
> pressing Alt+Tab).  In that use-case, it helps to see iconified images
> being zoomed out as well, for example, when using GIMP.

Indeed (relatedly, it would be great to get this feature working smoothly with
https://github.com/ch11ng/exwm).
Also, in a copy of emacs built with cairo, it should be possible to render each
buffer to be displayed into a cairo surface, and scale that surface losslessly
to generate previews.  I wonder how hard this would be to do in practice.

Clément.