Re: Fill column indicator functionality

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Fill column indicator functionality
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 17:55:04 +0200

> Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 23:04:54 +0100
> From: Ergus <address@hidden>
> Cc: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <address@hidden>, address@hidden,
>       address@hidden
>
> I have been checking the display engine and the commits to add the
> display-line-number functionality. With this, it really looks much
> simpler to implement the version of the vertical line (character at
> column X).

I'm not sure I understand: much simpler than what alternative?

> Do you still think not worth it to try a simpler implementation where the
> only specification is the column number and the character to use?

Also here: simpler than what alternative(s)?

> If someone can advise or start with this I will be very happy to
> help.

I can describe my idea of implementing this, if that's what you meant,
and point to the places in the code where it should be done.  If you
then decide to work on that, I will gladly help with advice and any
questions you might have.

Thanks.