Re: project--completing-read-strict breaks ada-mode project completion t

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: project--completing-read-strict breaks ada-mode project completion table
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 19:35:06 -0800

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> On 18.01.2019 02:17, Stephen Leake wrote:
>> Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> These are now in the ELPA master branch:
>>>
>>> elpa/packages/ada-mode/ada-project.el
>>> elpa/packages/ada-mode/env-package.el
>>> elpa/packages/path-iterator/path-iterator.el
>>> elpa/packages/uniquify-files/uniquify-files.el
>>
>> Attached is an example project for emacs source to play with. To use it,
>> eval the following in emacs master *scratch* (adjust paths);
>
> I've tried it out, and it's pretty nice.

Thanks.

> The latency seemed to be a bit bigger than with the default completion
> table based on 'find', but not significantly so.

Fixing the ignore would help that; it's processing all of .git.

> I don't think it can be *the* UI for everybody.

Of course. And this is the main point; project.el must allow
users/clients to choose the completion table and completion style.

So the recent change to project--completing-read-strict should be
reverted, and implemented as a completion style/table instead.

--
-- Stephe