Re: filenotify-tests.el failing inside Docker debian:stretch

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: filenotify-tests.el failing inside Docker debian:stretch
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2019 14:01:41 +0000

On Tue, 08 Jan 2019 09:35:33 +0100 Michael Albinus <address@hidden> wrote:

MA> Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:
>> After that merge, I will work on speeding up the build but I think once
>> we have passing builds we can open EMBA to public read-only access.

MA> One idea is to exclude *.texi changes from test-all runs. Something like
MA> (untested)

MA> except:
MA>   changes:
MA>     - doc/**/*

MA> I have no idea what happens, if a lisp file and a texi file are touched
MA> in the same commit.

It would break :) The `only` logic may be better here. But the
optimization won't buy us too much, because there aren't enough commits
per hour in the Emacs repo to stress the build runners, and builds are
easy to run in parallel with the Docker runner.

I think the important optimization is to shrink throughput time (the
time to do a build from trigger to finish) by pre-building the Docker
image with the packages instead of installing them every time. Also
running make with higher parallelism might help, I don't know for sure.

Ted