Re: Track mouse drags over an image

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Track mouse drags over an image
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2019 13:20:09 -0500

> implemented in elisp to be usable.  Still I am wondering: would it
> make sense to implement such code in a built-in function?

Not sure what you mean by "such code" nor "built-in".
Providing an Elisp function to help coders like you would be very
welcome, indeed.  If you can try and extract the relevant code from
djvu-mode, that would be great.

Implementing it in C would only be justified if the performance
difference is relevant or if the semantics can be made cleaner.
E.g. make it work for any image rather than only for PPM images of
"depth" 255.  Images are pretty far from my area of expertise, tho, so
someone else should look into this.

        Stefan