Re: Will Emacs be ever available for iOS?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Will Emacs be ever available for iOS?
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2019 14:40:00 -0500

  > To install any application on your own device, you need to sign it with
  > a "Developer certificate".

  > To get that, you need to be a member of the "Apple Developer
  > Program".

These conditions are very nasty.  But I want to make sure
nothing is slipping through a crack.

Someone wrote

>   > I think there is a app called popcorn which is for streaming videos and
>   > which is not available  in the app shop, but can installed via the webpage
>   > of the developer. So may this is the way Emacs could go.

1. Is this correct?

2. Can anyone who has an iMonsteer install popcorn in this way?

3. What else does a person have to do install popcorn in this way?

4. Does the user installing it need a developer certificate?

5. Is the binary in that web site signed with someone's developer certificate?

6. Does Apple forbid others to redistribute that binary?

--
Dr Richard Stallman