Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 55ec674: * lisp/multifile.el: New file, extract

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 55ec674: * lisp/multifile.el: New file, extracted from etags.el
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2018 02:06:25 +0300

On 30.12.2018 0:54, Juri Linkov wrote:

Thanks, now completion is much better.  I noticed another problem
with partial-completion - it doesn't support wildcards in the file name:

1. M-x project-find-file RET
2. Type 'm*file', then TAB, to find lisp/multifile.el
Seems like this would require some extra support from the completion table. Patches welcome.

3. It completes only to the files where directory matches 'm'
    and file name matches 'file'.

Also it seems impossible to separate words by the space character,
e.g. 'm file'.

I'm not sure how that input should be interpreted. Does find-file support it?